- The evap unit has been replaced.
- The trash has been removed from the front and back yards, with the exception of the car and an old engine in the back.
- The windows that needed replacing have been replaced.
- The shelves have been removed from the wall with the wood paneling.
- The bath tub has been replaced. The old shower enclosure has been taken down and the new one is in the house, but not yet installed.
- A new bathroom vanity has been installed.
- The old medicine cabinet has been taken out.
- All the outlets, switches, and faceplates have been replaced.
- The two bedroom ceiling fans have been replaced.
- The folding door at the archway has been removed.
- Drywall throughout the house has been patched.
- The two wall heaters have been replaced.
- All the A/C vents have been replaced.
I'm pretty happy with the progress made so far, even though I think it will take a bit longer than the handyman thinks to complete the job.
While I was there, the handyman showed up (promptly at 9 AM) with a helper and a bunch of doors. He hopes to get the doors installed this week. From what I can see, it looks like he's going to need to replace a lot of the door frames as well. He said he's contacted some people about taking the car away and that should be gone soon.
I'm supposed to pay him another 1/3 of his fee when he's 2/3 of the way through the job. I expect that will be in a week or two. (I'm guessing he will take 6 weeks on this job instead of his quoted 4 weeks.) When I get that call, I'll also call my carpet guy to place the order for new carpet. I'll also order a new stove at that time. Once those are in, I should be ready to list the place.