Tuesday, March 21, 2006

House 3: Electrician And Update

I stopped by the property this morning to meet the electrician. There was a huge dumpster in the driveway and it was mostly empty. The handyman probably filled it once already with all the trash and furniture that was left in the house. The electrician worked there for about 2.5 hours fixing outlets and wiring issues. While he was working, I took a look around to see what the handyman has accomplished so far. Quite a lot, it turns out:

  • The evap unit has been replaced.
  • The trash has been removed from the front and back yards, with the exception of the car and an old engine in the back.
  • The windows that needed replacing have been replaced.
  • The shelves have been removed from the wall with the wood paneling.
  • The bath tub has been replaced. The old shower enclosure has been taken down and the new one is in the house, but not yet installed.
  • A new bathroom vanity has been installed.
  • The old medicine cabinet has been taken out.
  • All the outlets, switches, and faceplates have been replaced.
  • The two bedroom ceiling fans have been replaced.
  • The folding door at the archway has been removed.
  • Drywall throughout the house has been patched.
  • The two wall heaters have been replaced.
  • All the A/C vents have been replaced.

I'm pretty happy with the progress made so far, even though I think it will take a bit longer than the handyman thinks to complete the job.

While I was there, the handyman showed up (promptly at 9 AM) with a helper and a bunch of doors. He hopes to get the doors installed this week. From what I can see, it looks like he's going to need to replace a lot of the door frames as well. He said he's contacted some people about taking the car away and that should be gone soon.

I'm supposed to pay him another 1/3 of his fee when he's 2/3 of the way through the job. I expect that will be in a week or two. (I'm guessing he will take 6 weeks on this job instead of his quoted 4 weeks.) When I get that call, I'll also call my carpet guy to place the order for new carpet. I'll also order a new stove at that time. Once those are in, I should be ready to list the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · Money Loan , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by