Monday, May 8, 2006

House 3: A Double Dose Of Not So Good News (Updated)

A while back, I got notice that my insurance company was canceling coverage of this house, effective May 15. I had asked my agent to see if there was a way they would extend coverage until it was sold. I had not heard back from him yet, so I sent him an email over the weekend. This morning, I got a reply. They will not cover the property based on the condition of the rear patio and roof, not even until it is sold. So that leaves me without coverage for approximately three weeks, assuming escrow closes on schedule. It's tempting to just let the coverage lapse and go without insurance for those three weeks, but that's too great of a risk to take. I'll have to start shopping around for another insurance company.

The other bit of bad news was that the title company I want to use does not have a Spanish speaking person on staff, which my buyer needs. The only reason I want to use this title company is that when I purchased the house, I bought an option to keep the title insurance policy open so that when I sold it again, I wouldn't need to buy a new policy. I've emailed my agent and told her the situation. If the buyer is willing to pay my title insurance costs, I will be willing to use whatever title company they want.

Update: My agent said she didn't feel like dealing with changing title companies, so she called the title agent directly. It turns out the title company has a mobile agent that travels around. This person speaks Spanish and can go wherever the buyer is to get the documents signed. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · Money Loan , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by